Jewelry

When I am not cooking, cleaning or doing laundry, I am making jewelry! I started this hobby a few years ago as an outlet to sink my creative juices into and something else I could do besides just being a mommy. All moms need an outlet and creating is mine! I was out shopping one day (LOVE to shop) and I really wanted some jewelry that was fun and funky, something that was sort of on the edgy side that had LOTS of bling! I didn't see what I was thinking about in my head, (and what I found was outrageous in price) so I decided to make it myself. My head was spinning with ideas, so I headed home and started researching soldering techniques and materials. As I made pieces and started wearing them, women would stop me and ask me where I got my jewelry. Before I knew it, I was selling my creations to moms at my son's pre-school, the mall or in the grocery store. (sometimes selling them off my neck!) All of the sudden, a business was born...
JustB...Jewelry to make your wardrobe jealous!
It's nice to make a few extra dollars here and there, but the biggest reward is seeing someone wearing your jewelry and having their friends or family call you to tell you they have to have one of your pieces! I have a few things in boutiques, sold several in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and in the near future will be featured on a few web sites. I don't have my own web site for fear that I won't be able to keep up. I like to keep this business small and manageable because after all, I have 3 kids and a house to run! Since I always have people asking me if I have a web site or pictures, I have been working on taking photos and emailing them out. Here is a small slideshow of just a few things I have on hand right now but there will always be more to come! Creativity does NOT have an off switch!

May 24, 2009

FINALLY


I have created a family blog after much pressure from friends and family. I always had an excuse not to get one started, but today I have decided to jump in and stop the procrastination! We are a busy family of five, plus an extra sweet Golden Retriever named Gertie. There are no dull (or quiet) moments around here! You will find us at the baseball field (both boys play...well, 3 boys if you count Bobby who is right there with them) or attending Girl Scouts and guitar lessons. I am hoping that this blog will help me keep track of the ever important family memories and to share Lahiere family life with all of you. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment